We are a construction company based in Galway, in the West of Ireland. We offer a complete building service to clients within a 50km radius of our base. At Peter Walsh Construction Galway Ltd., we are very well known in the area, due to the expert level of care and attention we give to each and every project. Peter Walsh oversees every project personally and nothing is approved until it meets his exceptionally high standards. All homes are built to modern specifications and achieve an A3 BER rating.
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin
There’s no home like your own home.
We have specialised in building homes for clients on their own sites since 1970.
Peter Walsh Construction Galway Ltd. offer our services to clients within a 50km radius of our base. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
1. Foundations: High tensile steel reinforced concrete raft on 225mm of consolidated hardcore.
2. Floors: Smooth finish sand and cement with insulation underneath.
3. External Walls: 100mm block outside leaf, 160mm (6 1/4 inches) insulated cavity -100mm block inside leaf. Finished outside with grey cement plaster. We build lintels in place if required for possible future extension.
4. Internal Walls: Solid concrete blocks, smooth plaster finish.
5. Roof: Black concrete tiles, on battens, on roof membrane, on roof trusses, on preservative treated wall plates with treated facia boards and black PVC facia and soffite.
6. Gutters: Low maintenance black PVC.
7. Ceilings: Insulated plaster board with smooth plaster finish.
8. Attic: With highly insulated hinged trap door, draught proofed, with attic ladder. Ceiling insulated with 500mm high cellulose insulation.
9. Joinery: White uPVC external doors, frames, and windows. Doors are factory fitted with multiple point locking system, for the highest security. All windows are “A” rated double glazed. Some windows act as emergency fire escapes. Internal doors are standard Regency doors, with Deal door frames, stops and moulded architrave and skirting.
10. Wardrobes: As shown on plans.
11. Drainage: Gullies and sewer pipes, to a metre from the home, ready for connection to your sewer system.
12. Footpath: Concrete path at least one metre wide all around the home.
13. Plumbing: White bathroom suite with shower on bath. One ensuite wet room per house. Factory insulated 300 litre cylinder with twin heating coils. Plumbing for washing machine/ dishwasher in kitchen under sink drainer. 500 litre pressurised cold water storage. Cold water tap fixed to wall outside kitchen
14. Kitchen: Fitted kitchen with inset sink, single bowl, single drainer on floor units and drawer unit. For actual layout see plans.
15. Heating: Nutech Renewables supply their Integrated Renewable Energy System consisting of solar panels, stainless steel twin coil solar cylinder, wood pellet boiler, solar water to air heat exchanger and heat recovery ventilation system to provide filtered air to the home.
16. Electrical: Home is wired to ESB meter box. Strip shaver light in ensuite and main bathroom. Bell push fitted at front door. Low energy light bulbs fitted in all light fittings. Mains smoke alarm, carbon monoxide and heat alarms fitted. See plans for actual electrical included.
17. Generally: We use Irish produced materials as far as possible. We apply for your planning permission. We give after sales service and 18 months maintenance guarantee and 10 year structural guarantee, all as detailed in the building agreement.
18. Additional Work: We will quote you. Circle options required below.
19. External work as required: Preparation of site ~ Driveway to home location and across front of home ~ Water, sewer and rain water connections ~ Septic tank and percolation system ~ Detached garage/shed ~ Kerbs and tarmac ~ Boundary walls ~ Entrance gates ~ Landscaping ~ Anything else you may require?
20. Finally: So the choice is yours ...The sizes are shown on the plans in metric. The size on the left is for side to side, the size on the right is for to and from you on every plan. The diagonal size is mostly on the bottom right hand corner of each home plan.
21. Important Notice: The information herein should not be construed as a warranty. The particulars are for information only and do not form part of any contract and are subject to change without notice.
All of our homes are built to modern specifications and achieve an A3 BER rating. Contact us for a quotation.